Skin Patrol and its sister company, The Skin Cancer Doctor, deliver community and corporate workplace skin cancer clinics. Both companies share the same mission: the early detection of skin cancer to save lives. Since 2004, Skin Patrol has delivered over 250,000 skin checks for Australia’s largest companies. Established in 2017, The Skin Cancer Doctor flies to over 50 regional and rural communities in Queensland and New South Wales to regularly deliver skin cancer checks and treatments. The plan is to expand across Australia.
Skin Patrol also provides a range of workplace health and vaccination clinics and education sessions. We are looking to expand our service in the corporate sector to include onsite COVID-19 vaccinations as well as influenza vaccinations.
At Skin Patrol, Medical Technicians assist the Skin Cancer Physician in conducting skin checks. The Skin Cancer Doctor provides skin checks and immediate onsite treatment if required, so Registered Nurses join the Skin Cancer Physicians for surgical and cryotherapy management.
We have several available positions across the country, including:
- Medical Technician
- Travelling Registered Nurse
- Influenza vaccinators (GP/RNs/ENs/ Medical)
- Skin Cancer Physicians – CONTRACTOR
Please read on for more information. When you are ready, forward your CV to email@example.com
SKIN CANCER PHYSICIAN
Skin Patrol and The Skin Cancer Doctor have nationwide opportunities for enthusiastic and experienced Skin Cancer Physicians contractors to work alongside our team.
This opportunity is for Skin Cancer Physicians and GPs with extensive Dermatoscopy skills.
- There are positions available across Australia to assist with an already existing patient database for this role, which includes:
- Opportunity to follow up surgical management where patients don’t have a GP
- Travel to all parts of Australia
- Use of Best Practice medical software
- DermEngine to track lesions
- Tele-dermatology reporting conducted by renowned Dermatologist Professor Soyer
- Work alongside a Medical Technician who assists with image capture and supports the smooth operation of the clinic
- Extremely rewarding work paying at the top of the locum market.
MEDICAL TECHNICIAN – CASUAL
- Looking for supplementary income or work around part-time studies.
- Willing to travel for short periods (70% metropolitan/30% regional).
- A varied role within the healthcare industry.
Currently, we are looking for casual Medical Technicians throughout all Australian states to join our growing team.
Previous experience within the healthcare industry is an advantage but not essential. A keen interest in health will be highly favourable.
You will be required to have a systematic work approach and be meticulous with data entry. Working alongside a doctor, you will focus on administration, education and taking images of suspicious skin lesions.
This job suits an individual who can work a varied schedule.
Medical Technicians will receive on-job and external training.
- Ability to travel.
- Current full drivers licence.
- Details of your availability
You will be working with a group of fantastic physicians who appreciate a can-do attitude, welcome new ideas, and require proactive responsiveness. The right candidate will go on to learn surgical skills for skin biopsy, excision and suturing for wound closure and expand on their skills and abilities.
- Data entry and associated clerical duties to accurately record information relating to patients and processes (Best Practice Software).
- Compliance with Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Assuring the quality of care by adhering to the Registered Nurse Standards for Practice.
- Assisting the doctor with procedures (surgical excisions, biopsies, closures, management of pathology, cryotherapy, serial curettage and diathermy, preparation and administration of local anaesthetic).
- High standard of clinic management through set-up and pack down processes to ensure solid relationships with stakeholders are maintained and upheld.
- Patient education and proficiency in handover to plastic surgeons and medical specialists.
- Nurse-led skin cancer checks.
- Registered Nurse with current unrestricted AHPRA licensure.
- Current CPR certificate and anaphylaxis training (willingness to obtain).
- Current National Police Check and Working with Children Check (willingness to obtain).
- Current unrestricted drivers licence.
- Dermoscopy or post-graduate skin cancer qualification
- Experience in a skin cancer clinic environment
- IPN Qualification
You will be paid for your time travelling, receive a daily meal allowance. All accommodation and travel costs are paid for you.